Carrot is a stable root vegetable in the Zeleninárska association. In 2019, carrot will be produced on 137ha of farmland. Starting from 2019, carrots will also be processed in a processing plant in the village of Kostolná pri Dunaji.
The most frequently produced carrot varieties in 2019
- Nerac – semi-late hybrid. Long, smooth and straight roots. Suitable for direct consumption, packaging and long-term storage. Also suitable for mechanized gathering.
- Romance – homogenous carrot shape that is not prone to cracking. Perfectly packable and storable variety that is suitable for mechanized gathering.
- Brillyance – glossy, cylindrical orange-coloured root without the tendency of changing colour to green. Suitable for direct consumption, packaging and storage. Also suitable for mechanized gathering.
- Hekla – an early universal variety resistant to Alternaria and powdery mildew. The root has a smooth and light colour.
- Bolero – medium long, tapering root that is blunt at its end. Its suitable for direct consumption and storage thanks to the ability to preserve its properties. Suitable for mechanized gathering.
- Octavo – a high-yielding variety. This variety has a very strong root with an excellent taste. It is resistant to cracking and therefore it’s suitable for mechanized gathering. Suitable for direct consumption and for processing.